Thursday, March 1, 2018

Lift the flap card

Hi Everyone!  Have you seen the new  stamp set 'Dad Jokes'? I thought it was super cute and I haven't seen a lot of samples so I thought I would throw one out there. 
I  used the joke about the pizza.  My daughter learned this joke in Kindergarten and told it to us over and over again for days, maybe weeks.  It comes up every now and then.  It says "I would tell you a joke about pizza, but its a little cheesy".  It's also good for our family because I will occasionally say that something is cheesy and my husband, when we first met, had never heard people say that.  He is not from the Chicago area, he is from Des Moines.  It's funny how some phrases are only in spotted areas across the country.  My niece was at the zoo with me once and said she wanted to find the "bubbler" and I thought it was some sort of animal but it turned out she was looking for the drinking fountain.  Anyway, back to the card :)

 I wanted it to be a lift the flap card because I thought that worked best for a joke so I came up with this design.  I used my Layering Squares Framelit dies to make the flap.  It's really pretty simple and I made a video to show you how to do it. 







Now the stamp set says that it is for Dads, but you can easily use it for other people in your life.  I think kids like jokes and that this would be a fun stamp set for young boys.  If you use a marker to ink up the sentiment 'Happy Birthday, Dad' you could just ink the happy birthday and you are good to go.

 I love the little pizza too! I used my blender pens and ink pads to color it in.  Blender pens allow you to get a softer look with the ink and you can do a little blending to make the crust or cheese look more like crust or cheese :)
You can see that on the video as well. 











Product List

1 comment:

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!