Thursday, February 22, 2018

Ombre Background with the sponge brayer

Hi everyone! Today I am playing around with the new paper from the second release of Sale-a-Bration, Springtime Foils.  I just love how this paper works great with many coloring techniques. Springtime foils is great on its own, but really packs a punch when you add some color.  It is a heavier glossy cardstock with added patterns, some with gold foil, some silver, some rose gold and some with a combination of them.
 I got out my sponge brayer to add this fun Ombre background, and it's really simple to do.


                                                             Check out this quick video.





















The sponge brayer is $8 and comes with two handles and four sponges.   They rinse clean under water too, so you will get a lot of use out of them and can use them with all your colors.  This technique tends to work best on glossy paper. 








I also used the Petal Palette bundle for my card and I really think it is a great stamp set to add to your collection.  The set is large with many sentiments to cover many occasions, and you also get those pretty images! The dies are pretty amazing too and there are dies for the stamps, but also a variety of dies to use as accents.  I show them up close in my video.
 During Sale-a-Bration you get to choose a FREE item from the Sale-a-Bration catalog with a $50 order, so its a good time to buy those pricier items that you've had on your wish list.  And when you spend $100 you get more, and so on.  You can see the whole Sale-a-Bration offering by clicking here.



Supplies for my cards:
  Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!