Thursday, December 14, 2017

My Painted Christmas cards

 Hi Everyone.  I thought I would share my family Christmas cards for this year.   I make a lot of Christmas cards through out the year for Stamp Camps and Card Buffet and blog posts, so I send those out as well, but for the past few years  I've  liked to make a card that I created based off of something I made in art class.  This year I painted this deer.  The original is too large for a card, so I brought it in to Office Depot and they shrunk it and printed it onto cardstock for me.  Does anyone remember when Stampin' Up! had "naturals" papers in white and ivory or "confetti" in white and ivory?  Well I brought that paper in and they printed it on that, I loved that paper!! 
I mounted the deer onto Early Espresso and then onto Dapper Denim.   I used a "PEACE" stamp from the Christmas quilt stamp set, and then on the inside I used stamps from Snowflake Sentiments and Star of Light. 
















 Last year I made these birch trees at class.  We carved a block and then made them. I still have the block, so I can make more of these sometime, I really thought they were fun.
and I found this other deer from 2 years ago.  I save one of each of the cards I made.  















Well, thanks for stopping by!! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!