Friday, September 1, 2017

Dappled Sky, Galaxy sky, Watercolor Splatter? What do you call it?

Hello everyone.  I made a whole bunch of cards with a technique for which I don't know the name.  I am calling it a dappled sky but maybe it has a name and I just haven't heard of it. Who knows.  And my name is not really good because you can do this with so many color combinations that a "sky" is only one version of many.  But anyway, I thought I would share them with you.




I started playing around with some color combinations and Wink of Stella to see what the effects would be.  It is really so much fun and you can make all sorts of color paper pieces and save them to use when ever the mood strikes you.


Here is a video showing step by step how to make the fun effect.





Here is one piece that I used to cut out leaves.  I used Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Island Indigo on Watercolor Paper.












This piece uses Night of Navy, Pool Party and Blushing Bride, with a splatter of Wink of Stella on Watercolor paper.


















This card uses Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz with splatters of Wink of Stella as well, all on Shimmery White cardstock.






It is so hard to photograph the sparkles from the Wink of Stella Splatter but hopefully you can see the speckles here.











This card uses Pacific Point, Pool Party and Wink of Stella on Watercolor Paper.












Close up so you can see the speckling.















These cards use Night of Navy with Soft Sky, Blushing Bride and Wink of Stella on Watercolor paper.











This version has a tiny bit of Crushed Curry as well.
I cut it out with a Layering Circles Framelit to make the card focal point.















This card uses Night of Navy and Pool Party on Shimmery White cardstock with some splatter of Wink of Stella.


















I hope that you will give these a try, it really is fun to see the different color combinations.   The cardstock will curl up when you wet it, so it's a good idea to tape the pieces down with some Washi Tape. 










Product List

Thanks for stopping by today!!
Oh, and there is still time to take advantage of this Paper Pumpkin Special! 
 Get 50% off your first month of Paper Pumpkin when you sign up between August 11 and September 10th.  Cancel at any time, but I know you will Love the Fall and Winter kits! They are always the best.


Want a Little? place an order and take advantage of my Frequent Buyer Rewards program.
Want a Lot? Orders or $150 or more get Stampin' Rewards from Stampin' Up!  And, you also get    my Frequent Buyer Rewards Program as well!
Wish you could have it all?  Join my team! Stampin' Up! demonstrators receive discounts and perks all year long, with no obligations to buy more.  Get $125 worth of products for just $99 right off the bat, then continue to get more as long as YOU like, stop when you want.  (I'm hoping you'll love it) Watch my Join Video to learn more. Click the Join tab under the blog header. 

6 comments:

  1. I loved the blue in the first one I saw: the one with the yellow-winged bird, but then I saw the one with the deer and the green trees and I liked it even better. But the effect in the pic right above that one, though- the one with the note about Crushed Curry- is the BEST. Wow. I could just stare at it.
    Thanks for adding beauty to the world. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is a super nice comment. Thank you so much I am glad you liked them. Thank you for adding beauty to the world with your kindness :)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to try this technique!!! These are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it and I hope you give it a try. Let me know how it turns out! or share your sample on my facebook page!

      Delete
  3. Beth, I am a SU demonstrator and I start to watch a lot of videos but often don't finish because they are not very time efficient. You do a beautiful job with keeping to the point as well as beautiful projects. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll be back. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joey, that is exactly the sort of comment I needed to hear. So glad you liked my video :)

      Delete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!