Thursday, September 15, 2016

I love my Mummy :)

Hi everyone! I thought I would share this cute little mummy today!  I have mostly been focusing on Halloween lately as it will be here sooner than you think.  I will be sprinkling a bit of Thanksgiving and Christmas into the mix this month too!  Those are my favorites! 
I like the mummy from the Cookie Cutter Halloween set a lot because you don't really do much to finish him (or her)!   I felt like I needed to do something besides just stamp it onto Whisper White cardstock, that is just too easy, so I stamped it onto watercolor paper instead. 
I wanted to make my mummy a little dingy, old looking so I grabbed my Aqua Painter and just added a bit of Crumb Cake to the mummy just under the lines of the wrapping. 
In this photo you can also see that I frayed the edges of my Basic Black cardstock as well, sort of adding to the dingy feel.






The background of my card has a quick wash of Crumb Cake with the Aqua Painter, and the burlap/cheesecloth? stamp from the Ghoulish Grunge stamp set. I really like this set and I can see it lasting well after Halloween.  The fun textures of brick wall, paint dripping and burlap will be really fun textures to add to so many projects and I think will be fun for some mixed media projects as well. 
I also added some bats from the set and some Bat Washi Tape.  I even added some black thread just for fun.
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!