Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Always an Adventure

Hi everyone!  Today I thought I would share a project that I made last weekend.  My son David had been away at Boy Scout Camp for a week and I thought I would make some of his favorite cookies for his return.  I bagged up some of the cookies to give to the parents who drove up to camp chaperoned the trip.  As I was bagging them up I thought of the Always an Adventure bundle and thought that it would make the perfect tags!

I only had thiry minutes to make the tags and bag up the cookies because I needed to go pick him up at the school, so these are not all that detailed and yet still really cute. This is a great reminder that we don't have to go crazy! We don't always need several different stamp sets and a ton of layers and techniques to make a fun project.  The men I gave these to all seemed to really like them, (maybe it was the cookies.) and said things like "wow, how nice" and "oooh, are those s'more cookies?"  
To make the tags I just grabbed some paper scraps in a couple greens, and the scrap of Tip Top Taupe that was sitting on my desk.  I got to work just cutting out a bunch of the trees and mountains and the tents.  I made a simple 2 by 4 inch tag with the Scallop Tag Topper punch and then layered the cut out images onto the tag.  I had the Jar of love set out on my desk so I used the Thanks stamp from the set.  I added some ribbon and tied the tag onto the bag and ran out the door. 
Here is the picture from the catalog.  I love the little cut out trees and the fun camp images.




























Onto the best part of this blog post, the cookies! 
If you have not had a s'moore cookie, you should give them a try.  They are the first cookie asked for when I say I will help in a bake sale, and the first cookie gone from my cookie platters at Christmas. 
Ingredients: 3/4 cup of butter, softened
                    1/2 cup white sugar
                    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
                    1 egg
                    1 tsp vanilla
                    1 1/4 cup flour
                    1 cup graham cracker crumbs
                    1/2 tsp salt
                    1/2 tsp baking soda
                    1 1/2 cups semi-sweet choc chips
                    1 cup mini marshmallows
                                                                                2 Hersey Bars broken to pieces

Directions: In a large bowl beat together Butter and sugars until fluffy
                   Blend in egg and vanilla
                   In a separate bowl mix together  flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt and baking soda
                   add to the butter mixture and mix well
                   stir in chocolate chips
                   Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets approx 3 inches apart
                   Bake at 375 for 8 minutes (cookies should be starting to set)
                   Remove the cookies from the oven and press mini marshmallows and Hershey
                   pieces onto the top of the cookies
                   Return to the oven for another 3 to 4 minutes to finish baking

Yummy yummy! give them a try


                   Product List

       


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!