Monday, May 30, 2016

Enjoy the Little Things ~ Layering Love stamp set

Hello everyone!  Tomorrow is Memorial Day and my family and I will be out marching in the town parade.  My oldest will march with the band and my husband and middle child will march with the cub scouts and my daughter and I are debating whether to be spectators or marchers and go with the scouts.  We will also be having burgers and apple pie, s'mores and potato chips. I love the little things like town parades and apple pie don't you?  Some of you know that my husband served in Iraq and so Memorial Day is a special day to remember loss as well and those special things like parades and s'mores help to make the day a happier one.

 I received a swap card from Jeanna Bohanon that featured this stamp from Layering Love and I knew I had to make one like it.  She used some different papers and Washi tape but the design is basically the same.  Jeanna and I were both part of a group of demonstrators who were display stampers for the recent Stampin' Up! event. We all got together to create a Pinterest page that features cards that we made for the event.  You can see all the cards here, as well as the fun card by Jeanna  that inspired mine.
I used papers from the new Designer series paper 'Pop of Pink'.  This is a really fun paper pack and I know I will be using it often.











The Washi tape is also from the Pop of Pink collection.  I love the little tiny hearts in Melon Mambo and Basic Black.










I added some Whisper White cardstock to the insides of the cards and dressed them up with more Washi tape at the bottom.







The Layering Love stamp set features large sentiment stamps, great for cards as well as home decor and scrapbook pages.  You can see the full set on June 1st when the catalog goes live!  I hope you will check it out!  Let me know if you need a copy!!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!