Friday, April 1, 2016

Treats for the team

Last week marked the end of the Upward Basketball program at our church.  I didn't have any kids playing in the league this year but members of the church pick a team to pray for during the season and my team was the 6th, 7th and 8th grade girls on team "Fever"!
I wanted to give them little end of the season treats and so I made up these fun bags.  The tag is a removable bookmark.  Does anyone remember that paper color?!  The teams color was maroon this year! Luckily I had a couple pieces of Bravo Burgundy that worked really well with their uniforms!











The stamp set that I is a really great set for families.  There are so many sports represented here and I love that there are ponytails to add to any of the figures.  The set is called Simply Sports.   There is a matching framelit die set called Bitty Banners that cuts out the banners in the set. If you buy them both in a bundle you can save 15%!!













I made the bags with the left over bags I had from the You're So
Lovely project kit.  The kit makes 12 cards and 12 bags.  Perfect!  The gold stars are from the kit as well.  They were just right for my project because the players earn iron on stars for things like good sportsmanship and other things.   The kit also comes with that foam roller thingy (and an extra sponge) as well as the stencil.  I love that there is a stencil because I was able to make the bags in the perfect  color to match the team.  Love that Stampin' Up! coordination!
And the sponge roller rinsed off with water and is ready to be used again and again!

I want to point out that it's a good idea to always look at the kits closly to see all that you get.  Often there are little gems like the stencils and roller.  There was an awesome kit a year or two back that came with a sunburst stencil that I love, and the easel in the current Enjoy the little things kit is pretty great too!  Oh, and that wire rack in the Hello Life kit is great, I change it up all the time.
OK, back to the current project.

I made ten of these bags using some strips of glimmer paper and gold ribbon, and clothes pins to hold it all together.









The You're so Lovely kit comes with the stencil I used on the bag, as well as a butterfly, star, heart, and diamond stencil that can be used over and over, as well as supplies to make 12 cards and 12 bags.












  Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!