Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Some "sort of" Stampin' Up! cards :)

It's not a Stampin' Up! card but I thought I would share it anyway because it is crafty :)  and a card :)
and I worked hard on it and so I thought why not?
I drew this guitar last year for a friend's birthday but never painted it because I was just too nervous to do it.  I had an idea of what I wanted and didn't want to mess up, then it got too late and I set it aside.  This year I decided to do it because really it's just paper and if I mess it up I lost what? $0.80?  silly to worry about that. 



I saw a watercolor painting like this on Pinterest and thought it was really fun, but I am not a guitar person and may have messed up some technical things, like where the frets actually are or how they are spaced, but it is a stylized guitar so it's OK right?
I paint with my aqua painter and ink, so I guess in a way it is a Stampin' Up! project! 









Look at my desk!!! This is what happens when it gets close to Christmas!  When ever I do a huge room clean up I tell myself that I am going to clean completely after each project, but I never do.  When will I learn to clean as I go?





Once I was done I scanned the painting and then printed it out onto thick white cardstock, another Stampin' Up! product see!
Then I cut them cardstock in half and scored and folded, and put the cards into a cello bag with envelopes and a bow.  I also framed the original and will wrap them up together for my guitar loving friend. 

I hope that she likes them! 




















4 comments:

  1. I think you did an awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely your friend must have totally adored this gift set!!! Love your guitar as well as everything you've accomplished with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bev., my friend did seem to really like the painting and the cards! I knew she was the type of person who would really like a handmade gift.

      Delete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!