Thursday, August 7, 2014

Bright & Beautiful flip flop card

Hi Everyone!  I have another card using the new Bright & Beautiful stamp set for you!  I really like this set and the matching framelits!  As I was going through my Cherry Cobbler card stock last week I found two flip flop card bases that I made a really long time ago! I decided I needed to make something with it right away and reached for the Bright & Beautiful stamp set again.












If you haven't made a flip flop card (sometimes called a swing card) it is really very simple.  Start with a piece of card stock cut to 5 1/2 by 6 3/4.  The tricky part is cutting out the center.  You need to bring the card stock into your scoring tool or cutter and place it at the 2 3/4 inch mark. Now score 1 1/4 from the top and again 1 1/4 from the bottom.  Do this to both sides.  Then turn the card stock and with the cutting blade cut from the score marks to within 1 1/4 inches of the side, and then turn the card stock and cut down to with in 1 1/4 inches from the bottom, then turn and cut to the score line.  Do this from both sides.  There is a tutorial on SplitcoastStampers, which is where I learned how to make this card.
You can then decorate the card any way you like.
Here is the front close up.  I used Versa Mark and Cherry Cobbler embossing powder.  The accent colors are Soft Sky and Early Espresso.


















The back.















Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon and a star for some extra pretty.  The star is left over from the July My Paper Pumpkin kit.































I front flips to the back when you open the card.













Thanks for stopping by!
Don't forget, the Bright & Beautiful Stamp set and matching framelits are available as a bundle at a special price in August.  Click here to see all the bundles on sale.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!