Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Beautfy of the season, in watercolor

I had a chance to make a card with the new Beauty of the Season stamp set today.  This is a new release that will be in the upcoming Holiday Catalog.  You can find it in the New Arrivals section of the online store.  I love cardinals so I had to get it right away. 







I started out by stamping the cardinal onto some Naturals White Card Stock.  I have been using Naturals White paper a lot lately, just had to say that :)  The paper is heavy enough to watercolor if you use a light touch.  I used my Aqua Painters and Cherry Cobbler, Baked Brown Sugar, and Soft Sky ink.  I stamped directly onto a folded card base. 






I opened up the card and stamped the sentiment and smaller twig image on the inside.  I also colored the twig in Baked Brown Sugar and Cherry Cobbler.












I made a frame with Naturals White card stock and Cherry Cobbler card stock and the Oval Framelit dies. 

I popped the frame layer up a bit using dimentionals.










Are you checking out the ribbon?  Good eye, that is a sneak peek from the upcoming Holiday Catalog!  But, if you wanted to make something similar right now, you could substitute the thick ribbon for some thinner Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon. 







Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!