Thursday, May 8, 2014

MDS Blog Hop - Mother's Day!

 
Hi Everyone! It's MDS Blog Hop time again!! Yea!  What is an MDS Blog Hop?  Well, a group of MDS (My Digital Studio) users joined together to bring you fun projects using the My Digital Studio software. We all love MDS and we want you to love it too!  This week we are celebrating Mother's Day!  MY Digital Studio really came to the rescue for me this Mother's Day as I was asked to make favors for all the mothers who attend church this Sunday.   My project for this hop is really not very elaborate or difficult, its more of a project I think every crafter can relate to.  Party Favors!  I was asked to make a favor for all the Mothers who come to church this Sunday.   There is nothing better than MDS for making multiples.  I was able to make all the tags in just a few minutes.   


Here is the first box all finished.  I used retired DSP and brads, purchased from the Clearance Rack.   I love the Clearance Rack! I can always find great deals on Ribbon, paper and more.









I printed out several sheets of tags.  The great thing about using digital stamps is you can line them all up and space then perfectly so that you can cut them out with the paper trimmer quickly in nice straight cuts.













My second project is a little more fun.  I saw a similar project on Pinterest for a Teacher  gift, using students fingerprints, with a different saying of course :)    I looked through my digital stamps and found a tree that worked in the "Spooky Bingo Bits", sort of an odd tree to start making a happy Mother's Day project with, but I think it looks just great with all the finger prints added.   Next I added loads of Text boxes, one for each child and grandchild, and more for the saying along the bottom.   I printed it all out on Naturals White paper.  I used my Wild Wasabi ink pad to have people add their fingerprints.
























 This is what it looked like before the fingerprints were added. 



















If this is your first stop on the Hop, be sure to go all the way around to see everyone's MDS projects!  Now its time to Hop on over to Holly's Blog!  I am sure that Holly has something great to share.  
http://createsomethingeveryday.blogspot.com/2014/05/mdsbh05-08.html









2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Mother's Day treat!! And what a wonderful way to honor the grandparents in our life!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!