Thursday, April 3, 2014

MDS and Traditional Paper crafts = a perfect pair

Yesterday I saw a fun digital card on the blog of fellow MDS lover Julie Davidse.  My first reaction, other than "cute card" was "why is Julie using a non-SU stamp?"  She wasn't I just didn't recognize it because this was a stamp that is digital only.  It comes with the My Digital Studio software and is called Sweet Details.  Because it wasn't part of an actual Stampin' Up! catalog it just popped out of my head.  I love the big daisy's and so I am glad that Julie brought the stamps to my attention again.  The set is called Sweet Details and it has three really great daisy stamps, as well as some background images.  I thought this was the perfect opportunity to tell my Non MDS users more about MDS again.  I know, I've shown MDS projects before, but really, I just love this program and it is worth showing again and again :)   The MDS software is just $19.95 and you can get a CD version mailed to you OR you can get the download instantly and get started right away!  (downloads have no tax or delivery so that's a bonus!!)  When I use MDS for cards I tend to go hybrid, that means I use the digital images, but I also add some real layers with ink and buttons, paper or ribbon.  Sometimes I use the images in black and white, coloring them it, sometimes I color them digitally.   I decided that I wanted to try the three daisy stamps to make 3 different cards. 
I start by adding the stamps that I want to use to an 8 1/2 by 11 inch page (because that is the size my printer will print on).
Here is my page, (I'll show you what I did with the cupcake in a few days).    Notice that I left two of the Daisy's black and white, and the one on top I colored in. 




















Here is my page all printed out.   I printed these on Watercolor paper, but you can print on different papers.  Sometimes I use Whisper White, when I am going to use blender pens or markers.   I cut apart all the pieces with my paper trimmer and started to paint with my Aqua Painters (love them).




























  I left the petals alone and made them stand out by coloring around them in Sahara Sand.





















I added more details by using the paper piercer to make a pierced pattern in two corners.  I also sponged around the whole main image.













                                                                                           Where is that splatter stamp from?  It is from the My Paper Pumpkin Welcome kit.  I love the splatter stamp, it gets a lot of use!                                                                                                       

 I added a button and some linen thread to finish off the card.   I hope you like today's hybrid project!  MDS is a great value!  To see all the downloads that come with the MDS software, click this link!  You get over 50 stamp sets, over 20 different paper packs (each with multiple patterns) and digital buttons, ribbons, and more.  For $19.95, that is a deal that can't be beat!

Check back tomorrow for another card using the Sweet Details digital stamp set. 

1 comment:

  1. You may just have sold me on trying MDS. I'm a very traditional card maker and love the hands on of stamping and coloring. So are all of my customers. This however could work, "stamping" with my printer instead and still allowing the craft of coloring and assembling.

    The daisy's are so pretty and simple and I just love them. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!