Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"Eggstra Spectacular" Easter Treats


Super simple and Fast, these treat holders will put a smile on any kids face.  I love that bunny from the Eggstra Spectacular Stamp set.  The whole set is cute but I really like that little bunny.  I wanted to make some quick Easter treats for the neighbor kids and here is what I came up with.  The treat holder is made from the Scallop Tag Topper Punch.  I love using our products in ways other than what they were intended for and this punch is getting a lot of mileage lately. 












Start with a strip of paper two inches by 10.  {Even better if you have some 12 x 12 paper, because you also need two tiny pieces 2 by 1. If using 12 x 12, cut a 2 by 12 strip, then cut two 1 inch pieces off the end of it.}  Score you 10 inch piece at 4 1/2 and again at 5 1/2, then punch the ends with your scallop tag topper punch. Score you little pieces at 1/2 inch from each side.  Use red sticky tape to attach the tiny sides to the inside of your treat holder.




The little Hershey bunnies are the perfect size for this.  Peanut butter eggs would work, or the new milky way bunnies are great too.   The Hershey bunnies come 6 to a pack, and you can get 6 holders from one 12 by 12 piece of cardstock, so this is a perfect project for minimal cost. 

















 I used scrap strips to decorate the front of the treat holder.  The bunny was punched out with the scallop circle punch and I added a larger strawberry slush circle behind it.  I also added some glitter to the bunnies tail, but it doesn't show up in the photo.


The Wisteria Wonder ribbon is retired ribbon but it is available on the Clearance rack right now.   The clearance rack is great because you can find all sorts of retired products at great prices, but they still work with the current Stampin' Up! family of products.  I tend to stock up on ribbon from the Clearance Rack.  Some items sell fast, so if you see it, you should grab it. 





These are the candy bars I used.  My desk is a mess huh? :) 












http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=133071&dbwsdemoid=0095176


Scalloped Tag Topper Punch


Wisteria Wonder 3/8 Inch Ruffled Ribbon - by Stampin' Up!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!