Monday, February 3, 2014

A Digi Card

  Well, I really did it this time.  I hurt my knee just before Christmas and I was too stubborn to do much about it.  I was told to take it easy and stay off of it as much as possible.  With 3 kids and Christmas looming, that didn't really seem like an option and I felt that it was getting a little better.  As the days and weeks went by I shoveled and went sledding and walked the kids to school. I knew my knee was getting worse but I just didn't want to admit it.  My limping was getting more pronounced and people were noticing but still I kept going.  Then on Thursday I took my daughter to art class and as I stepped down the first step, I felt a shooting pain all the way from my knee to my spine and I just couldn't move.  I couldn't go down the stairs and I couldn't go back up.  It was crazy.  Another mom took Jillian to the class room and I stayed right where I was for about 15 to 20 minutes, then I was able to get to my car, but couldn't get in my car!  I couldn't bend my leg to get it in the seat.  I thought about calling an ambulance right then, but I needed to figure out what to do about the kids first.  Jillian's class was going to end in 30 minutes, then Zachary needed to be picked shortly after.  To top it all off, Ben was out of town, although he was scheduled to be back after dinner.  Well, I managed to get home, and onto the couch.  I found some help with getting all the kids where they needed to be, ordered a pizza for dinner and made an appointment to see the doctor.  I couldn't get myself to go to the emergency room though.  My last experience there was not great, and in the end of an 8 hour ordeal I was given pain pills and told to take it easy.  So, thankfully my husband is home and taking care of me, and thankfully I have MDS to use because I cannot get comfortable in my craft room.  So here you go, another reason to use My Digital Studio, you can use it while laying on the couch and you don't have to keep getting up to get ribbon or scissors or more paper.  Its all right there at your finger tips!
This card uses some newer Retro Fresh downloads and I just love them!  So glad they are offered digitally because sooner or later I will run out of my real paper, not so with digital!   This card uses a sketch from a challenge blog I found Recently, Pixel Maven's Retreat.  I love challenge blogs because they give you a great place to start.
You can use this challenge blog to make a paper card too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth! I'm so happy to see you playing along at Pixel Maven's DigiChallenge! But, I'm not so excited to hear about your knee problems :( I hope you get to feeling better soon, but until then, yea for MDS!!! I just got the RetroFresh downloads and can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your digital card design! The colors are perfect for those wishing our winter were over! The ribbon embellishment looks so real. I had to go digital while we were on vacation and it has broadened my horizons, although I still like paper/ink/stamps better. Good luck with your knee. Anxious to hear what the verdict was. Mom's don't have time to be sick or incapacitated!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!