Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October MDS Blog Hop!!

 

Welcome to the "NEW" MDS Blog Hop!!  Hi all!  I have been asked to join the MDS Blog Hop!  Stampin' Up's My Digital Studio.  I love this hop, I always checked it out! Now, I am part of the team!  There are always lots of fun ideas for My Digital Studio on this blog hop!  What's a Blog hop?  It is where a group of bloggers link their blogs together to showcase a certain topic or idea.  For us, its our love of My Digital Studio!  There are 10 digital designers on the team in all.  We will be hopping on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month.  We will have a "theme" on the first week of a hop and then a "what we are doing in MDS" on the second week of the hop.  This month we are highlighting the upcoming holidays. I have Thanksgiving, perfect for me as I just love all the fall colors and crunchy leaves and fun fall food!  Check out my Thanksgiving project, then just click on the NEXT button and it will take you to the next person on the hop, keep hopping until you get back to where you started!  I hope that you find some fun ideas for your upcoming Holiday festivities and get inspired to make some of your own!  Please let us know what you think in the comments, we would love to hear from you!

For my Thanksgiving themed project I have made place cards.  It is so easy to make place cards with MDS.  You can create a few varieties or just one, then simply copy and paste more onto your page.  Then just add a text box with your guests names and print them out.  I choose to use leaves from the French Foliage Download.  
Here are my place cards....
I also whipped up a few food signs for the desert table...
 
To make the place cards I printed them out on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of card stock.  I then mounted them onto a folded piece of Early Espresso.  I also added a Naturals Designer Button.  The font I used here is called "simply*glamorous".  I really like it, but it is very loopy.  I add an extra blank line of text before adding my real text, if I don't it seems some of the tops of my letters get cut off.  I love this font for titles, monograms, and note cards.  Here is a link: http://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=simply*glamorous
I hope you like my project!  For a closer look at the "how to" head on over to my "Beth's Digital Cuts", a blog I created for my digital customers to help them learn more about using My Digital Studio.   But first, click on the NEXT button to check out what the other Hop Members have come up with!  
 

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Where did you get the aligator clips/stands for the food items? That would sure be handy since we have a group that needs to know whether items are dairy free and/or gluten free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, glad you liked them! The idea came for the same reason you mentioned, I needed labels for gluten free and dairy free at a resent school event. The stands are from Stampin' UP!, they were a supply item for demonstrators to display samples at events. I have seen similar clips in the frame departments of stores, and the wedding isle at Michael's and Hobby Lobby, used for table numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Beth!!!! This is so cute and such a great idea! Thanks for sharing - I wish we did a formal sit down dinner for Thanksgiving.....

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!