Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gingerbread Man!

I think this little gingerbread man is super cute!  I even decided what sort of cookie to make based on this little guy!  Crazy right?  I like to make up small gifts for those people who make life a bit better, and this year I decided on cookies.  I've done hot chocolate and candy in the past.  So, I had to make gingerbread.  I didn't shape the cookies though- no time unfortunately :(  but they taste super yummy and are still home made.  I packaged them up in a cellophane bag and tied a cute tag to the top.   The tag is just a 6 x 3 piece of Real Red cardstock, folded in half.  I used some scraps of designer series paper from a simple scrappin kit from last Christmas to make the background.  A good thing about Stampin' Up is that the core colors remain in place, so you can mix and match for years.  Sure they may change out a few now and then, but the core mostly says and your Designer patterned paper will always have a match in it somewhere.   I then added another red square and background paper, and then the cute gingerbread man from the Scentsational Season stamp set from the Holiday mini Catalog page 16 (ending Dec 31st).  

 
The stamps are cute on their own (121190 $14.95 cling  121026 $18.95 wood) but you can also get matching dies for the shapes as part of a bundle so they cut out perfectly! ( 129946 $32.95 cling and 129945 $36.95 wood)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!