Thursday, November 1, 2012

No Peeking Stamp set

 The No Peeking stamp set is just so cute.  I love the little penguin with his scarf and hat.  Every one of the stamps in the set is cute and I'm sure to use them all.  I think I will use this set for Christmas tags on packages for the younger ones on my Christmas list.  I decided to make the cards fairly simple so I stuck with basic shapes and let the patterned paper do most of the work.  The paper I am using for both cards is the "Festival of Prints" paper stack.  I have to admit I was unsure of this new product when I saw it in the Holiday mini catalog, but I bought it anyway out of curiosity.  The pack is only 4 1/2 by 6 1/2 so I thought that might be odd, but then realized i rarely use my 12 x 12 in full size anyway, and in this smaller size you get 48 sheets!!!!  for only $6.95 and they are still double sided.  And, while flipping through the papers I really like them.  So  many of them would be great for both Christmas projects AND all year.  The patterns are not snow or trees, not all red and green.  They show the red and green sides I think since it the Holiday season, but there are some great blues and browns too.  floral prints and bold geometric prints too!





This first card uses the 1 3/4 circle punch.  I used markers to ink up the penguin and Jolly Christmas.  The Jolly Christmas was punched out with the large Oval punch and is popped up with dimensionals.  Little tags of ribbon behind the sentiment give the card a whimsical feel.  The background was embossed with the chevron embossing folder.  Quick and simple and fun!
This card uses the reindeer stamp, and I've made it Rudolph by giving him a sparkly nose.  It's hard to see the sparkle in the picture, but in real life it stands out and shines.  I used Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details for the nose.  This paper is also from the Festival of Prints pack and its one of my favorites.  The Cherry Cobbler ribbon is ruffled by fraying the end of the ribbon, and pulling on one of the center strands of ribbon.
The Happy Christmas stamp is from the More Merry Messages stamp set.
 
 
The No Peeking set is #126292  $17.95 in clear mount and #126290  $24.95 in wood mount.
 
 
Thaks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!