Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Family Square details

Hi all, I had several questions about this family frame project, so I'm posting it again with some additional information.  I made the project in My Digital Studio as an 8 x 8 scrapbook page.  You could make one with traditional scrapbook methods too.  The squares I made are 2 3/8 by 2 3/8 inches.  I used papers from the Love Letters Designer Series Paper pack,  I loved this paper so I was glad when it came out in digital form, now I can use it forever!!   The ivory mat behind all the squares is 8 x 8 inches.  The frame I bought is 8 1/2 square, so I then added a black mat behind the ivory on to make it fit the frame.  The frame is from Kohl's.  I buy this size every year when they go on sale.  They are a cute size for gift projects.  I used it for this project too!  When you are at Kohl's, look for frames by "St. Nicholas Square" around Christmas time.  They have laser cut letters and designs in them, and are almost always on sale.  I throw away the laser cut layer.  Mine said "Nana and Me"   After Christmas they go down to $7.00 and that's when  I buy them.  I'm out now, so I've been keeping my eye out, I'm sure they will have Christmas stuff up soon.  Crazy how earlier and earlier  Christmas stuff comes out.   I'll keep you posted if I have a sighting :)
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!