Monday, June 11, 2012

Faithful Friend

I received a wedding invitation this week!  It was for the wedding of my cousin Don, and his fiance Angela.  The wedding invitation was very pretty and had peacock feathers on it.  I was happy about this because I just opened a box of new stamps and one of them featured a peacock!  Any excuse to stamp right?!  And, since Don and Angela have found each other, I thought the sentiment that comes with the set worked really nicely too, so this is the card I made to go with her shower gift.  The set is called World Treasures and I loaded up this card with all sorts of new elements.   I used Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, and Elegant Eggplant as my colors.  I embossed the Elegant Eggplant paper with the new Fancy Fan Embossing Folder and made a frame for the peacock with the new Apothecary Accents Framelits.  The largest Framelit only comes in one size, but I wanted it to have a border, so I cut out another label shape in Lucky Limeade and cut it in half lengthwise.   I then glued it to the back of the Whisper White piece, and trimmed it to fit the Elegant Eggplant paper.  I also cut out the sentiment image with another framelit from this collection.



















And, for even more detail, I used the new paper piercing template to add some detail around the white piece.    For the mail peacock image, I stamped the bird three times, once in each color.  I then cut out the various pieces I wanted to use to complete the peacock in multi color.  I could have used markers to ink up the peacock and only have to stamp once, which is how I colored the sentiment stamp above, but that would have been to easy :)  Actually, I wanted the peacock to have a bit more depth and dimension, so I cut each layer out separately and popped the Peacock up with dimensionals.  I also added some rhinestones to the Eggplant Layer and the sentiment.   I hope you like the card.  The colors are very vibrant in real life : ) 
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Very pierette card do love the layers, lots of work but the end result is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!