Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pretty in Pink

I am still doing the "Hope you can cling to" challenges on www.splitcoaststampers.com.  I completed two of the challenges today.  The first one is to make a card using a pink animal.  I don't have a lot of animal stamps, except butterflies and birds.  I right away grabbed this stamp set because it is so pretty, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.  The set is called  "Elements of style."  I colored in the flowers using my markers.  Stampin' Up! makes a variety of pinks and they work really well together to give you the ability to add shading and depth to the image.  I started with the lightest color pink first, Pink Pirouette, and colored in the whole flower.  Next I added some shading with Pretty in Pink.  Finally, I added Regal Rose to the centers of the flowers and along some of the creases between the petals.  The leaves were done the same way with Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi.

I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch to make the Certainly Celery accent at the top and bottom of the main image.  I love the look of the small scallops, so i punched out a strip and them cut it down the middle to make a scallop for the top and the bottom.   
This stamp set comes in cling mount for $19.95 and wood mount for $27.95.   It is so pretty and can be used for many occasions.  I am so glad I got a chance to play with it today!
The second card I made for the " Hope You Can Cling To" challenges is for the "Bling" challenge.  This challenge asks you to create a card with some sort of rhinestone on it, preferably pink.  I decided to use some of my retired paper for this card because the paper has some glittered elements that give it even more bling!  Its hard to tell in the picture but the paper is very glittery.  The stamp is from the Perfect Punches set.  $17.95 cling mount, $24.95 wood mount.
Thanks for stopping by!  Why not try out some of the challenges yourself! Here is the link to the challenge forum at Splitcoaststampers!   Hope you can cling to


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!