Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall Leaves

I love the colors of fall.  This card highlights those wonderful colors.  I stamped leaf images from the Autumn Splendor Stamp set onto Newsprint Designer Series Paper.  Then I colored the leaves in with my markers.  I chose Cajun Craze, More Mustard, and Old Olive for my colors.  The card base is Crumb Cake.  I added an additional layer of Crumb Cake, embossed with the Houndstooth Embossing Folder.  I gently sponged over the embossed layer to make the houndstooth really stand out.  I tried a few different  ribbons and didn't like any of them, until I spied the Twill Tape sitting on my desk, left over from the Mummies I made a few days ago.  (see this post for the mummies:   http://bethrush-bethspapercuts.blogspot.com/2011/10/halloween-treats-stamp-camp.html )   The Twill Tape worked perfectly and I
decided to stamp my greeting right on to the ribbon.  That is one of
the great things about the Twill Tape.  And, maybe it can be considered Masculine?  What do you think?

I hope you enjoyed todays project.  Thanks for stopping by!
beth




   

7 comments:

  1. Beth, this is absolutely gorgeous! You should enter it in the SUO Challenge #29 (http://suochallenges.com/) this week, since the theme is leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! Thanks for entering in the SUOC29 challenge - I *knew* this was a perfect card for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, you inspired me, thanks.
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep coming back to look at this card, it is just stunning! Thank you for sharing it with us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the inked leaves over the newsprint pattern! Very very cool idea! Also, the twill tape works well here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done card, Beth! The colors and layout are just gorgeous. Thanks for joining with the SUO Challenge team this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card! I love the stamping on the Newsprint....stunning. So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!