Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall Pool Party?

I find that I keep grabbing the new color "Pool Party" for my fall cards.  Sort of odd to think of "Pool Party" as a fall color, but it is one of the color combinations in the new Spice Cake designer series paper, and I just love the way it looks against the Early Espresso paper.   If you are ever looking for new color combinations to try out, a good thing to do is look at the combinations used in the patterned paper packs.  I dont know that I would have paired Pool Party and Early Espresso otherwise.   For this card, I used an embosse resist tecnique.  The main leaf image is embossed with a clear embossing powder, then rubbed over with ink to reveal the leaf below, but still allow you to see the newsprint paper underneath.  When embossing on the newsprint paper, be carefull and go slow, it is a bit thinner and the paper can darken a bit if it gets too hot.   I used sponge duabers to apply the ink over the embossed leaves, then wiped off
excess ink with a tissue.  I also used a bit of Early Espresso ink on the piece of  Pool Party paper to show the detail of the houndstooth embossing folder.  I have been using that embossing folder alot, it reminds me of fall! Love it! I used the stamp set French Foliage, I really like the look of the leaves on this set.   Some other little details are the tiny tags on the crochet trim ribbon.  The little tags are from the Jewlry tag punch, stamped with the Tiny Tags stamp set.  This is the first time I used the crochet trim ribbon, and I really like it.  I also finally opened up my Vintage Trinkets pack and used the tiny safty pin.  Lots of new stuff going on with this card.  I hope you liked it! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!