Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birthday Balloon!

I saw several versions of birthday balloons made from the cupcake builder punch.  They were all so cute I had to make one of my own.  Those of you familiar with the punch will notice that the clouds are the frosting and the balloon basket is the cupcake holder.   The balloon is made with the 1 3/4 circle punch and the large oval punch.  I used some bakers twine for the strings attaching the balloon to the basket.  I also ran the sky background through the Big Shot with my 'Perfect Polka Dots' embossing folder.  I think the texture adds a bit more interest.  The happy birthday pennant banner was hand cut, using the "Happy Birthday" stamp from the "Create a Cupcake" set.   Just about any color combination will work, I'm using a lot of Concord Crush and Pear Pizzazz lately.  Hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! I love the way you made the balloon itself!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!